Welcome to Elkin, the Best Little Town in NC
The Elkin area offers some of the best places to bike, hike and drive to see the color display. The nearby Blue Ridge Parkway, considered the nation’s most scenic byway, draws thousands of visitors to our region throughout the year. The Yadkin River Blue Trail which borders our historic downtown, offers kayaking adventures for all ages. Elkin is also centrally located in the Yadkin Valley Wine Region (AVA) and provides numerous wine, hiking, cycling and mountain bike trails to explore even within town limits. Live music fills the air every weekend in Elkin, so come for the fun, and you just might decide to stay for a lifetime. #ExploreElkin
COVID-19 INFORMATION UPDATES:
3-30-20: LINK TO Governor Cooper's Stay Home Order Announcement
3-30-20: LINK TO FAQ's & Questions About the Stay at Home Order
4-03-20: Public Notice for Town of Elkin Water & Sewer
9-09-20: Governor Cooper update on restrictions (Phase 2.5)
9-30-20: Governor Cooper updated state of North Carolina to Phase 3
NEW AS OF 9-30-20: Cooper said that during Phase 3, the at-risk population is “still safer at home.” He urged anyone over 65 - and those with health risks - to take “responsibility in your choices.”
Here’s what will change and what will stay the same in Phase 3:
- Face coverings are still mandatory for everybody over the age of 5.
- Large outdoor venues with seating greater than 10,000 may operate with 7% occupancy for spectators with other safety protocols.
- Smaller outdoor entertainment venues may operate outdoors at 30% of outdoor capacity or 100 guests, whichever is less.
- Movie theaters and conference centers may open indoor spaces to 30% of capacity, or 100 seated guests, whichever is less.
- Bars may operate outdoors only at 30% of outdoor capacity, or 100 guests, whichever is less.
- Outdoor amusement parks may open at 30% occupancy.
- The limits on mass gatherings will remain at 25 people indoors and 50 people outdoors.
- The 11 p.m. curfew on alcohol sales for in-person consumption in locations such as restaurants and outdoor bars will be extended.
Family Grants (applications must be in by October 15, 2020:
The Town of Elkin will not be blocking off streets for trick-or-treating in an effort to discourage trick-or-treating in residential neighborhoods this year, due to COVID. There are several options that parents have as an alternative to going house-to-house trick-or-treating. You can visit EXPLOREELKIN.COM to find out more information about those options. Enjoy and be safe!