Explore our Downtown for the day!
Things to do:
- Variety of restaurants
- Coffee shops
- Local art
- Music & wedding venues
- Heritage Center (visitors please drop in and say hello)
- Elkin Vine Line wine hopper based out of the Heritage Center (257 Standard St)
- Wine tasting location with sommelier (Wisdom Table)
- Farmers market (Saturdays 9-noon)
- Dog park and dog-friendly restaurants and shops
- Boat ramp/launch (Crater Park)
- Kids park (Crater Park)
- Public restrooms (115 W Main St)
- Library & post office, and
- Electric car charging stations at two locations (town hall and heritage center).
Our downtown district is listed on the National Register of Historic Places, and is a NC Main Street Accredited Community (since 1998) with a dedicated Main Street Manager and Advisory Board.
Downtown Elkin is famous for:
- Its charm
- Monthly Cruise Ins
- History as a textile town (Chatham Manufacturing); famous for WWI & WWII blankets.
- Our Main Street is directly along the NC Mountains-to-Sea Trail (MST)
- Downtown Elkin converges with the NC MST, the Overmountain Victory Trail, and the Yadkin River Blue Trail.
- Listed on the Blue Ridge Music Trail (Reeves Theater)
- Listed on the Blue Ridge Craft Trail
- Listed on the Appalachian Mural Trail
- Kayak launch/docking 2 blocks from Main Street (dock and enjoy lunch downtown)!
- Pet friendly
Our State article about Downtown Elkin, click here.
For more information, see Elkin Main Street's facebook page at https://www.facebook.com/ElkinMainStreet