Donations and Sponsorships for Downtown Elkin
If you are interested in helping our board fund helpful items in the downtown, donate to saving historic buildings with a grant fund, helping with flowers and beautification, sponsoring a bench, or if you have any other ideas, please let us know!
BENCH SPONSOR - If you'd like to purchase a downtown bench, and include the "In Memory of" plaque on the bench, let us know! Your donation towards the bench would be $1000.00. The difference would be paid by the Main Street Board.
PLANTER SPONSOR - If you can help us fund a planter "re-do", we have over 20 planters in downtown to pick from that need dirt replaced, a new water bladder installed, and new bushes planted. If you fund the cost for a planter update, we'll add a permanent sign on that planter, thanking you and your family, business, or organization! The donation per planter is $350.00.
DONATIONS FOR HISTORIC PRESERVATION - If you are interested in donating towards historic preservation or beautification projects for facade improvements or public art, please let our board know. If you have a specific project you'd like to contribute to, we'd like to hear about it!
Send inquiries to the Main Street Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 336-258-8908.
Thank you to those who businesses & organizations that have awarded grants/donated/contributed towards projects or events in our downtown:
- Elkin Walmart
- Elkin Lowes Home Improvement
- Hugh Chatham Memorial Hospital
- Downtown Elkin Business Association
- Jonesville TDA (Bridge lights project connecting Jonesville and Elkin communities)
- Surry Wineries
- Elkin Vine Line
- NC Tobacco Trust Fund (Farmer Market grants)
- Surry TDA
- G&B Energy
- Explore Elkin
- Duke Energy (EV chargers grant)
- Appalachian Regional Council (Downtown WiFi grant)
- NC Main Street Program (State grants for historic building improvements)
- National Park Service (Federal grants for historic building improvements)
- Rural Transformation Grant and RC2 Grant
- ACC Coatings