Explore Downtown's Arts & Entertainment District!
Downtown Elkin enjoys a wide variety of art galleries, artist studios, and locations for classes in art (and music)!
Check out the lists below, where you'll discover local art on display and for purchase. You'll definitely find beautiful treasures at every location.
We love our creative community!
You can also download the ARTrail brochure for the NC Trail Days Self-guided tour, by clicking here!
ART / ART STUDIOS / GALLERIES / CRAFTS / ART CLASSES
1. 12 murals are located throughout the downtown! Click here for mural hike.
2. John Furches Art Gallery & Studio (123 W Main St) By appt. or when the OPEN sign is on the door! Showcases beautiful nature prints by local artist John Furches, plus other items such as hand crafted jewelry.
3. Studio at 113
a. Yadkin Valley Fiber Center (113 W Main St). Local art and also the home of the YV Fiber Center classes with looms galore. Tapestry Weavers South 2023 Exhibit will be on display Friday, June 2nd.
Scan for YV Fiber Center info
b. Mountain High Metals (113 W Main St, lower level, entrance in rear of building by alley) Metalsmith.
4. Joe Thrift Studio /Master Luthier (111 W Main St, lower level, entrance in rear of building by alley). Visit by appointment, or sign up for a class to make your own violin. (By appt)
5. Southern on Main Restaurant (102 E Main St). Owner & chef Marla Eggers is also a local artist. Her work is for sale and on display throughout the restaurant.
6. Demo's Art Loft (108 E Main St) You'll find artist Geoffrey Walker in the upper level, inside Kennedy Auto hardware store. He specializes in 2D and 3D art and Anime-style art.
7. heArt & Soul of the Yadkin Valley art gallery (113 E Main St). Art of all kinds, including consignment pieces plus local photography, jewelry, paintings, an apothecary, and more. Lovely place for a glass of wine, too.
8. Yoga on Main (122 E Main St) Her Lavender Anne's handmade soaps are a work of art.
9. The November Room (206 E Main St). Over 45 vendors on display. Local art, pottery, woodworking, soaps, crafts, handmade purses, jewelry, wall art, and so much more... you'll spend hours in here! Art classes are also offered weekly on site.
10. Yadkin Valley Quilts (235 E Main St) Makes quilts to order but does have a few quilty goodies for quilters to purchase. Stop in their retail section on Main Street, plus they do have classrooms on the upper level accessed on Market St side for quilting classes. Quilt art on display.
11. Fae Folk Artist Studio (150 E Market St) Whimsical art, hand crafted by local artist, Dan Butner, by appt only.
12. Smalltown Gallery (111 Church St) by appt or by chance. Painter.
During the NC Trail Days Festival, you can also visit these added locations:
-the Heritage & Trails Center at 257 Standard St. where there will be a quilt exhibit.
-the Wisdom Table, where there will be a guest artist on display inside, Friday night during the ARTrail Hike from 5pm to 8:30pm.
During the Yadkin Valley Pumpkin Festival, Galloway Episcopal Church on W Main St (just past the library) offers a quilt exhibit inside the church each year.
MUSIC / LIVE MUSIC / MUSIC LESSONS
1. The Reeves Theater (129 W Main St) Live music venue like no other in the region. Free music events Wed/Thurs, and ticketed events Fri/Sat. Cafe and bar offers nightly menu.
2. The Reeves School of Music (129 Church St) Providing music lessons for all ages.
3. Joe Thrift Studio / Foothills School of Violin Making / Violin Luthier (111 W Main St, lower level, by appt).
4. Joyful Noise Music Lessons (206 E Main St, lower level, access in back alley)