Class Title: Meter Technician
Purpose of Class: Under supervision of the Utility Maintenance Supervisor, the purpose of this position is to read water meters for billing purposes for the Town.
Primary Task: Any one position may not include all of the tasks listed, nor do the examples necessarily include all of the tasks performed. The list of essential functions, as outlined herein, is intended to be representative of the tasks performed within this classification. The omission of an essential function does not preclude management from assigning duties not listed herein if such functions are a logical assignment to the position.
- Position is responsible for reading and re-reading meters.
- Responsible for hanging door notices for cut offs.
- Responsible for turning on and off at meters.
- Provides water customers with information; assists customers with billing questions.
- Installation of new water meters and maintenance of existing meters.
- Assists water crew in locating meters.
- Other duties as assigned.
Reporting Relationship: This position reports to the Utility Maintenance Supervisor.
Working Conditions: Must be able to work in adverse weather conditions.
Qualifications of Class:
Education: High school diploma or GED.
Experience: Supplemented by two to four months previous experience and/or training; or an equivalent combination of education, training, and experience. Must be computer literate and be able to work independently.
Special Requirements: Must be able to lift or move up to 50 pounds for an extended period of time. Must possess a valid North Carolina Commercial Driver’s License.
Special Note: This generic class specification gives a sound overview of the job class, it’s essential functions, and necessary job requirements.
Salary Range: $26,656-$38,081 salary based upon experience
The Town of Elkin is an equal opportunity employer.
The Town of Elkin will provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities in compliance with the American Disabilities Act.
TO APPLY, PLEASE FILL OUT THE APPLICATION. Download here.
- Bring to Town Hall
- Mail to Missy Calhoun c/o Elkin Town Hall, PO Box 857, Elkin NC 28621
- Email to email@example.com